Master and doctorate focused on non-verbal media communication, with over 21 years of experience in TV and web, Cláudia Cotes coaches entrepreneurs, journalists and professionals who need to act on camera. The focus of her studies is non-verbal communication.
During the 2014 Brazilian presidencial election campaign, performed expressiveness analysis of candidates, at UOL.
Since 2005 acts as a lecturer in Media Training along with journalists, economists and media professionals.
What is it?
Media Training is the practice that focuses on content and well speaking manners in Brazilian media.
Who teaches the course?
Journalists, speech therapist and professionals of specific areas, such as economists and actors.
Who is designed for?
Executives, spokespersons of companies, artists and professionals who need to give interviews on radio, printed press, TV or the Web.
What is the training time duration?
It ranges from 4 to 16 hours.
Consists in training and evaluation (theory and practice workshops).
Media Communication: memory, language, intonation, gestures, posture and facial expression.
- The importance of expressiveness in communication.
- Speech and body gestures for professional application composing style and transmitting credibility.
To deepen the knowledge and practice of a more expressive communication.
- a) awareness on vocal resources contained in prosody and intonation during verbal communication
- b) correct spelling errors, verbal and nominal concordances
- c) identify and evaluate vocal and bodily aspects that define the style of a professional activity
- d) recognise and classify aspects of nonverbal communication, such as gestures, facial expressions and postures; as being specific strategies related to different instances of communication
- e) differentiate expression delivery in reading and speaking
- f) practice techniques to develop natural and effective speech
- h) gain awareness about the relationship of nonverbal communication and message content
- Written and oral language;
- Speech expressiveness and vocal quality;
- Intonation standards, rhythmic and accentual of the Portuguese language;
- Emphasis use;
- Study of pauses in speech and its effects of expressiveness;
- Speech therapy techniques for the communication professional training;
- diction exercises;
- Non-verbal communication;
- Classification of gestures and postures;
- Facial micro expressions;
- Co-relation between voice and body.